Saturday, September 22, 2007

Armchair Birding

When one is weary of long drives and walks to see the birds we seek, one wishes that they would just show up at our door step. Sometimes, they do.

I was sitting in our living room, facing the balcony door, which was partially open to let in a little light. It was tea time, around 4:30pm. I was cleaning the dust off my camera lens.

My Dad noticed that a Pariah Kite had alighted on the lamp-post just in front of our balcony. Swiftly put in batteries and took a few shots. Since the bird was at eye level, I didnt even have to leave my chair.

Pariah Kite


This image is best seen in large size, if your bandwidth permits.

I took the shots in Continuous Mode on the Camera. This resulted in a capture of a Kite Blink.

Pariah Kite-Blink!


This is the first time Ive seen a bird blink. It sat for around 2 minutes. Just as I got up to bring the tripod, it took off again.

FYI : Next Post will be on wild flowers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post ADs here, they will not be published. All comments are moderated.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin